Odisha Junior Merit Scholarships for Class 11th to 12th under E-Medhabruti.
The Government of Odisha in School & Mass Education Department is awarding Junior Merit Scholarship under the Scheme ‘e-medhabruti‘ out of the State budget to provide financial assistance to the meritorious Higher Secondary School students of Odisha from families whose parental income does not exceed 6.00 lakhs to meet a part of their educational expenses while pursuing their higher studies.
|Opening & Last date of Online Application for students |
(Fresh & Renewal – Both SAMS & Non-SAMS)
|21/10/2022 to 15/12/2022|
|Opening & Last date for validation of students record by Principal/Head of the Institution |
(Fresh – Both SAMS & Non-SAMS)
|21/10/2022 to 20/12/2022|
Odisha Junior Merit Scholarships for Class 11th to 12th
The scholarship is awarded to students pursuing Class XI & XII in the Higher Secondary Schools of the State.
|Category of Merit||No. of Scholarships||Rate of Scholarship per year||Duration of scholarship||Remarks|
|Junior Merit||10,000 (Boys & Girls in 50:50 ratio)||3,000/-||2 Years (XI & XII)||Students of Class XI, both SAMS and Non SAMS Higher Secondary Schools of the State|
Eligibility conditions for Odisha Junior Merit Scholarships
- The student must be a permanent resident of Odisha State.
- The Student must have passed HSC with 60% or more marks from an institution recognized by BSE Odisha, CBSE, ICSE, Equivalent Boards, and pursuing regular Class XI courses of 10+2.
- The income of the parents of the students from all sources should not exceed Rs.6.00 lakh per annum. Students shall apply for Junior Merit Scholarship in the 14 year of the course (Class XI).
- Student shall apply for Odisha junior Marit Sclarship in the 1st year of the course (Class XI).
List of Documents required for Scholarship
The following legible documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme.
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority, i.e. from the concerned Tahasildar /Addl. Tahasildar. The students whose parents are working under Odisha State Govt can produce resident proof from the employer.
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority. i.e. the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar or Addl. Tahasildar.
- Mark sheets & Certificate of last qualifying examination i.e. HSC from an institution recognized by BSE Odisha, CBSE, ICSE, Equivalent Boards.
- Bank Account details of the student concerned (First page of bank account containing account number and IFSC).
- Higher Secondary School ID card issued by concerned authority. While in the absence of the same, the student may provide Admission receipt/Library Card/Letter of Undertaking from concerned Higher Secondary School authority (Any one).
- Aadhar Card of the student concerned.
Merit Criteria For Selection of Student for scholarship
The following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions as given in the scheme.
- Online authentication/validation of student record by the Principal of concerned Higher Secondary School/Institute.
- Final Merit Selection lists of the students will be drawn in terms of percentage of marks obtained in the HSC examination from among the validated students in the merit, proportionately basing on the data. The mode of selection for scholarship shall be made through descending order of merit till it reaches the eligible quota of scholarship. For example, a student who has secured 92% of mark in the last examination shall come first then the one who has secured 91% mark and so on.
- In case of a tie in percentage of marks under a particular type of scholarship and some are to be left out due to exceeding maximum quota of scholarship, then the parental income ceiling will be considered i.e. the student with lower parental income ceiling will get preference.
- The CBSE/ICSE grading system in the form of CGPA i.e. Grade points shall be converted to the percentage by multiplying with 9.5 formula Percentage (%) = CGPA X 9.5
Duration of scholarship and its Renewal
A student will be eligible for the scholarship for a total duration of the course Scholarship awarded to any student under State Scholarship Portal is automatically renewable, subject to student continuing in Class XII (2nd Year) and online validation I authentication done by the institute.
For renewal of Scholarship for the 2022-23, the names of selected students in previous selection year will be listed in Principal’s log in ID. Only students continuing in the concerned academic year has to be authenticated online by the Principal.
If any student found to have dropped out passed out from the HSS, their records shall not be validated.
The Principal / Head of Higher Secondary School / Institution will be personally held responsible for authenticating eligible students from the records displayed in their log in.